The farmhouse, located in the scenic Vermont Lake Champlain Islands, is situated on 30 acres of open and wooded farmland and enjoys lake frontage on both sides of North Hero Island. The property has been in the same family for over 100 years and has been meticulously maintained. You can enjoy a stroll through the many gardens or enjoy a walk “over back” as we call the acres of woods and pasture land. The owners also live on the property in a private home and take kindly to visitors while respecting their privacy.
You can enjoy visiting and sharing meals on the enchanting enclosed front porch with the large farmhouse table, sip your morning coffee on the lakeside patio with vintage patio furniture or you can enjoy a side lawn dinner BBQ while taking in beautiful views of City Bay and the vista beyond.
You can enjoy a lovely dinner at the North Hero House Restaurant and Pier Bar. Shore Acres Restaurant is located less than one mile south or take a trip through the best country store in Vermont: Hero’s Welcome. Hero’s also serves delicious lunch fare and baked goods to die for! Fresh fruits, vegetables and organic chicken can be found less than one mile down the road at Savage Gardens. The best part is that all these fine establishments are within walking distance from the farmhouse. See our photo gallery for inside (and outside) views.
What you will find at the Village Farmhouse
• 2 Private bedrooms: Queen Size Beds
• 1 Hall bedroom with 2 Twin beds
• Large gathering Porch with Long Farmhouse Table
• 1/2 Bathroom located downstairs
• Newly Renovated Upstairs Bathroom with Tub, Shower and Vanity
• Large Living Room
• Large Dining Room with Round Game Style Table
• Newly Renovated Kitchen with new appliances: stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, washer, dryer. Fully furnished with dishes, pots and pans, and all the kitchen items you might need to create that special meal.
• WIFI and SMART TV
• 165’ of Lakeshore Beach area with patio and docks. Use of rowboat, canoe, or kayak
• Grill, outside tables and chairs for outside gathering
• Linens and towels
• Games, books, puzzles, coolers, lawn chairs
• Nearby Amenities: restaurants, country stores, golf course, antique shops, farm stands Antique Farmhouse Charm!